Isaiah 49:3, 5-6
1. What in this servant song will Jesus proclaim throughout his ministry?
2. Discuss Pope Francis’ statement: “We are also called to acknowledge the violence and injustices present in many places around the world. And we cannot allow ourselves to be indifferent and immobile. Everyone must work to build a society of solidarity and (be) truly more just.” What are some ways that we as Church can be a light to the emerging global family?
1 Corinthians 1:1-3
1. We are called to be holy. What does “holy” mean to you? How is John the Baptist holy?
2. In Luke’s report of Jesus’ baptism we hear about treatment of the poor. “Anyone who has two tunics must share with the one who has none…” Does outrage at our neighbors’ poverty have anything to do with holiness?
1. “Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.” After John pointed Jesus out to the crowds, they wanted to know where he lived and more about him. They developed personal relationships with him. Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?
2. Why was John so certain about Jesus when he said, “Behold the Lamb of God”? Was John watching for the Spirit? Do you watch for the Spirit in your life? Can you find and trust the Spirit of God?