1. The nations were confused and amazed because everyone heard what the apostles were saying, but each perceived it in his own language. If you were completely open to the Holy Spirit, would you have a deeper understanding of everything that you hear? Was the miracle in the speaking or the hearing? How does the Holy Spirit use the miracle of hearing with you?2. Pope Francis says that Jesus continues to fulfill his promise of sending the Holy Spirit, the gift of the Father who guides us through life’s challenges, teaches us, reminds us and lets us speak. When and where do you see the Holy Spirit taking part in your life in recent times
This promise was powerfully fulfilled on the day of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit descended upon the disciples, who were gathered in the Upper Room. This extraordinary outpouring was not limited solely to that moment but was an event that was renewed and still continues to be renewed. …
1. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are knowledge, wisdom, understanding, reverence, courage, right judgment and awe or wonder in the presence of God. How do they create unity in the Church? Think about one of the worst problems in the world today. Has the Spirit given to help eradicate that problem? Explain.
2. Were Puccini and Shakespeare given their gifts just for their own pleasure? Then what were they given for? What gifts from the Holy Spirit are you aware of in yourself? Do you foresee yourself using them?
1. Compare God breathing life into Adam with Jesus breathing the Holy Spirit into the disciples. What does this comparison signify for you? The disciples’ first task after receiving the Holy Spirit was to forgive sins. What impact does forgiveness of sin have on peace?
2. This reading says that, “when the doors were locked where the disciples were for fear. … ” How were the disciples different after the Spirit’s arrival? In your own life do you tend to see the Holy Spirit as dynamic and constant or only occasional? Rate you awareness on a scale of 1 to 10 on your belief in the Holy Spirit as your constant companion. Are you different when you are confident that the Spirit is with you? Explain.